Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Let's begin, shall we?

I've never been too good at introductions, but I'm going to give this a shot anyway. My name is Melanie, and I'm the proud (somewhat eccentric) mom to a beautiful little baby boy who goes by the name of "Mister Man," or "Liam," or really whatever I feel so inclined to call him when he's being his (mostly) charming self.

Refer to the following picture:
My mini granola.
Really, everything I do is for him. I never knew what it would feel like to live for someone like I live for him. Everything down to switching to cloth so that his little bum wouldn't be surrounded in chemicals (forgive the shameless crunchy opinion shoving), to starting a compost bin, and buying a sewing machine just so that I can sew my own wipes; all of it, I do for him. It may be little, in the grand scheme of things, but it's the little things that count. I'd like this planet to be in the best shape it possibly can be for him, all things aside.

So, what's this blog about? It's a chronicle of my journey towards green living and motherhood, and maybe some how-to projects here and there. Who knows, really. I imagine this will be an ever-evolving concept, sort of like life in general. Here goes nothing (or something; something big).

No comments:

Post a Comment